Friday, February 11, 2011

Anyone for tea?


It's that moment - the excitement of seeing the completed project! But with it comes a hint of owwwww as I didn't really want it to end - I was having so much fun making it.

I have absolutely loved making this tea cosy! It was my first attempt at knitting which I really enjoyed but as my first love is crochet, it was making all the cute flowers and leaves for the top that I loved the most. I got a crochet flower book for my birthday and have had so much fun working my way through it for this tea cosy. I neglected all household jobs last night so I could sit at the table and stitch all the flowers and leaves on. I love the colours, I love the randomness of the placement but most of all I love that it makes me smile whenever I look at it.



Is this my best side?


Or maybe it's this side?


My favourite view is this one. A nice big pile of flowers plopped on the top.



This pic was taken last night just after I had pinned all the flowers on and I was getting set to start attaching them. I was absolutely smitten at this moment!
My teapot was a very short, chubby 2 cup style so with a picture in my mind of what I wanted to make I just had a go at making up the pattern as I went along and I am thrilled with it. I will be popping the pattern in a post in the next few days.
There are so many gorgeous tea cosys I have come across recently that have inspired me. Alice's flowery tea cosies at Crochet with Raymond are utterly adorable and so is the gorgeous basket of flowers cosy by Pearly Queen . I hope you don't mind me mentioning you - I just love what you do!
Right, I'm off to make a cuppa! Have a lovely weekend all. It's Friday evening here, the sun is shining, it's 27 degrees in my house and the cicadas are chirping like crazy. I'm hoping the weather stays like this for the weekend but I'm told it's due to rain darn it. Oh well, rainy days mean more opportunities to crochet!

7 comments:

  1. It's turned out FABULOUS! From all sides! (and thanks for mentioning me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooooo pretty!! So glad I found you - I'm a fellow crocheter, mum and NZer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a fantastic tea cozy!! Thanks for stopping a by my little blog, looking forward to having a look through all your crochet goodies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice's teacosies are marvellous and i've got my mind on making one myself eventually as soon as i make everything else on my must make list hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm in love. I don't even like tea that much, but that flowery pot cozy is starting to bring me around. Gorgeous! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woww I love your flowery pot also....and also your blog

    I'm going to follow you..

    Greetings from Belgium

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! Have a fab day.